As part of our effort to enhance the APIs, we provide newer functionalities and updates to the APIs communicated by the card support team.
Our typical development cycle is of three weeks. We classify our changes into breaking and non-breaking changes. These changes can be classified as follows:
Example of breaking changes:
- Adding a required field to request body
- Data type changes for existing elements
- Response structure or format changes
- URL structure changes for existing APIs
- Any mandatory change in the designed flow introduced by new APIs
Example of non-breaking changes:
- Addition of new APIs
- Additional of optional fields to request body
- Adding new fields to response
- Adding new values to fields
- Bug fixes
In case of non-breaking changes, NIUM shall send client communication with details of upcoming changes at the end of second week [Thursday or Friday]. Changes shall be available on Sandbox by end of third week [Thursday of the third week]. Once this code is released, NIUM shall do production release on the tenth day [Saturday] after sandbox release.
In case of breaking changes, NIUM shall inform about the changes four weeks in advance from the date of production release.