This page contains details about the European Union Know Your Customer (KYC) flows and links to the following sub-pages for quick reference:
|EU required parameters||This page lists the required API fields for onboarding an individual customer.|
|EU required documents||This page contains tables listing the required documents for verification of an individual customer.|
|EU request examples||This page contains API request examples for onboarding an individual customer in the UK regulatory region.|
As a response to the Unified Add Customer API, Nium returns a redirect URL. You need to redirect the customer to the redirect URL. After the customer completes the KYC verification, they are redirected back to your eKYC redirect URL that was configured with Nium.
The following parameters will be returned as part of the eKYC redirect URL to help you to understand the status of the customer’s verification in the vendor’s UI.
isSuccess– This field indicates whether the customer completed the required steps in the vendor’s UI. It doesn't mean KYC is successful.
This information helps you to design and implement the next steps in your application, i.e., you may decide to show the success or error message to the customer as per the scenarios listed below.
|Scenario||Expected action from client||Query parameters in the redirection|
|The customer completed the required steps in the vendor’s UI.||You receive a callback from Nium.|
|The redirect URL expires due to timeout.||Reinitiate the onboarding request.|
|The document has already been submitted in the vendor's UI.||KYC process is complete. You receive a callback from Nium.|
|The customer has provided incorrect data in the vendor's UI.||Ask your customer to submit correct data in the vendors page.|
|Verification failure at the vendor.||The application is sent for manual review.|
|Internal server error at Nium.||Ask your customer to try after some time or reach out to Nium support.|
|Any unexpected error from the vendor.||Ask your customer to try after some time or reach out to Nium support.|
|Validation already completed and customer retries the same link.||KYC process is complete. You receive a callback from Nium.|
When using the Unified Add Customer API to add a customer in the European Union, eDocument verification is performed.
In the EU, the add customer eDocVerify process is as follows:
- Your new customer signs up for verification.
- Send a
GETrequest to the Terms and Conditions API.
- Nium returns the Terms and Conditions description.
- Display the Terms and Conditions to your customer to agree and accept. You collect all customer information for onboarding.
- Send a
POSTrequest to the Unified Add Customer API as per the EU required parameters
- Nium returns the
redirectURLand other parameters which you inform your customer.
- Send a
POSTrequest to the Accept Terms and Conditions API and include the
- Nium returns a success confirmation upon receipt.
- Direct your customer for verification and complete the identity verification by uploading the identity document and a live selfie in the form presented. Then wait for a callback from Nium.
Caution: The redirect URL expires in 60 minutes.
- After the verification process completes, your customer is redirected back to the eKYC redirect URL that is configured during the client setup.
- Nium sends a callback request for any change in the compliance status with the
- Send a response with the HTTPS status code
- Call the Customer Details V2 API to get the detail information, including the compliance status (
complianceStatus) of the customer.
- Nium returns the
complianceStatusfield, and the
- Customer onboarding can be reinitiated if the compliance status is
Updated 2 days ago