With both RHA and EA requests, NIUM platform delays the response to the card network and sends the request to your system for your decision.
As the client, your 2 key tasks will be to apply any rules that you may have and also deduct the customers balance based on sufficient funds.
As the client, your key tasks will be to apply any rules that you may have and provide a decision
Because the card networks require a timely response from NIUM, there is a timeout limit on the response from your system. If you do not respond to NIUM within 2 seconds, NIUM platform will decline the transaction to the card network.
Whenever a timeout occurs, the potential ledger mismatched arises in your system. For example, consider the following scenario:
- The NIUM sends an RHA or EA request to your end for an $88 spend.
- After 2 seconds without receiving a response, the NIUM platform times out the request.
- The NIUM platform declines the transaction to the card network.
- A second later, your system finishes processing the authorization and attempts to respond with an authorization for $88.
- This may become out of sync with the actual state of the transaction and account balance.
For every transaction approved by your system, NIUM marks the transaction as 'Unsettled' and it will be updated based on the Scheme Settlement file. NIUM provides a settlement file to you via SFTP for your settlement process.
Based on your business justifications, we may increase or decrease this timeout.
Updated 3 days ago